Monday, February 22, 2010

It's that time of year!

It’s that time of year again when everyone lays claim to his Irish Heritage.

The Shamrock Shake reminds me of when I was a young lad and my neighbor, Ralph Beavers went ballistic every March because he had to get to McDonald’s to suck down this green shake.


I once heard a man describe the flavor as tasting like Girl Scout Cookies. I would have to agree with this description being that I am writing this with a shake fresh in my mind. My co-worker, Bryan who saw the sign on Wednesday waited five whole days to tell me. Long story short the minute I found out we shot over to Mickey D’s for this seasonal treat. Upon my first sip of this great vanilla based milkshake with the perfect hint of mint I was immediately transported back to 1984 and a mirage of Ralph Beavers appeared before me.



Please remember it is only here for a limited time. Once we all put away our Irish Knit Sweaters and Kelly green ties, toss the last Guinness bottle into the recycling bin and the last stale green bagel into the garbage can and all go back to claiming whichever nationality we truly are it will be a whole year before this shake is once again available.


Attached is a web site devoted to shamrock shakes this may help with you search. http://www.shamrockshake.com/

1 comment: