Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Fowler’s Backyard B-Day.

Generally you go to a kids birthday party BBQ you don’t really get true “BBQ”. What you get in most cases are burgers, dogs and an occasional piece of chicken. If the host is getting crazy maybe you will see an occasional wing but at this party we had true BBQ. Don’t get my wrong I love a dog and burger at a Q as much as the rest of you but I have to give props to something out of the ordinary. It wasn’t the jumpy air castle or the swing set I was there to feast on some “award winning” Q. What awards you ask? To be honest I’m not quite sure, but Local Smoke BBQ turned out some great Q.
Steve Raab the “Pit Master” from www.localsmokebbq.com cooked up some good food that consisted of (I’m going of memory here so I may need to make some corrections later); ribs, pulled pork, mac and cheese, baked beans and the star of the show, pulled beef brisket. The pulled brisket was moist and had a nice but not overpowering taste of smoke to it. The BBQ’d meat was each accompanied by a different style BBQ sauce.

With the arrival of my Smokenator 1000 earlier this week this is the kind of Q that I’ll be turning out by mid summer. The food was outstanding and brought this particular kids party to the next level. Enjoy the pics and if you are looking for BBQ catering call 732-758-1227.

No comments:

Post a Comment